Compassion United, Inc. is committed to respecting the privacy of our donors. Here are the types of donor information that we collect and maintain:
- Contact information: name, organization/company, complete address, phone number, email address
- Donation information: amounts donated, date of donation(s), method, and stimulus
- Information concerning hours you have volunteered
- Your requests and comments
- Information gathered from database modeling firms
- Non-personally identifiable information, such as how many hits each Compassion United website page receives and if the visitor is repeat or new. This requires that a ‘cookie’ be sent to your web browser
Compassion United uses your data to maintain records of donations, send acknowledgments, mail year-end tax statements to you, send newsletters, notices, and direct mail pieces, and for internal marketing purposes.
We normally add you to our mailing list unless you request otherwise. We do NOT list individuals’ names in ANY of our publications.
Corporate and foundation sponsors are listed in our Annual Report and event programs. We occasionally use your written comments/letters to post on our website (in an anonymous fashion) and respond to your inquiries.
Credit card numbers are NOT retained once processed.
Donations over 2% of our entire budget must be reported on IRS Form 990, Schedule B.
We use website statistics to analyze our website usage. Our website has an SSL certificate.
If you create a personal URL at Compassionunited.us, that information is used to personalize your internet experience.
Compassion United will not sell, rent, trade, or transfer your personal information to outside organizations.
Use of donor information will be limited to the internal purposes of Compassion United and only to further the mission of Compassion United. Nevertheless, security measures may not prevent all losses, and Compassion United is not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to security failures.
Removing Your Name From Our Mailing List. Please contact us if you wish to be removed from our mailing list. Email [email protected] or call (936)274-3799.
If you have any questions, concerns, requests, or comments, you can contact us by email, telephone, or mail at:
PO Box 2582
Conroe, TX 77305